Every speaking engagement starts with a letter of agreement. Here’s a sample of what it will look like.
I am pleased to present this letter summarizing our conversation about my presenting at CLIENT EVENT AND DATE.
I understand that your objectives for this event are: CLIENT OBJECTIVES
Meeting or Conference Name:
My assumptions about our respective responsibilities include:
- I will deliver a presentation according to the above details.
- I will share the presentation slides with you to use as handouts if you want them.
- I will either bring my own laptop computer or email PowerPoint slides to you in advance to load on your computer according to your wishes.
- I will provide you with a description of the presentation and picture of myself and book covers to assist with your marketing of the event.
- You are responsible for marketing the event.
- You will make available a VGA projector and appropriate screen for the presentation.
- You will provide an appropriate venue for the event.
The Business Specifics
The agreed-upon honorarium will be _____________ (fee) plus expenses. Confirmation deposit of 50% to hold the date is due by _________________(confirmation date). The balance of the honorarium will be billed plus expenses shortly after the presentation with terms of Net 10 days. Please make checks payable to C2 Consulting. Because this confirmation removes me from the marketplace for the date(s) agreed upon, the following cancellation charges will apply:
- Notice of 91 days or more – no charge
- 46 to 90 days notice – 50% of agreed upon fee
- 45 days or less notice – full fee payable by scheduled date of the engagement.
- You will be responsible for any expenses incurred due to changes in schedules or locations initiated by you.
- If necessary, the presentation may be rescheduled to any mutually agreeable time or location.
- If for any reason I cancel or am unable to provide the described services, I will immediately refund your entire deposit.
- Your signature on this letter and/or payment of 50% of the fee signifies your agreement to these terms and will allow us hold a date. Any remaining fees and expenses will be billed at the conclusion of the event with terms of net 10 days.
I look forward to working with you.